Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Harem? No way...

My friend, AV, from Brisbane has a visitor from Vietnam, a beautiful young woman named Lan. I asked how goes it? And he replied:

Lan is very quiet, I find it hard to know what she wants or how she feels. It is getting me ready for living with Asian women. They are different to western people in some ways. You probably guessed I have issues communicating with women as I am usually on a different wavelength. I also have issues communicating with men but they tend to be a bit more transparent.

Me: “Asian women??? Do you mean a harem???

I wouldn’t mind a harem but it probably is not worth the downside hassles. Maybe????I was thinking along the lines of serial relationships which are more the normal practice in western society and also as a generalization about a group sharing - hence the term used. I had not given it a lot of deep thought. I do value freedom a great deal. My life may not be great from everybody's point of view but I do have enormous freedom, freedom to me represents great and reasonable resources. I don't have to worry about living my life to keep someone else happy or to live by their judgments. I am a person who does not want much but freedom, different experiences and ideas. I also want to live in my perception of - in harmony with nature - whatever that is.


Contributed by AV
The Harem Servant by Paul-Desire Trouillebert 1874

No comments: